Job Title: Payroll Specialist
Reports To: SVP, People
Location: Irvine, CA | Diamond Bar, CA | Remote
Our customer-centric team is changing the home lending game with fierce loyalty and a dedication to delivering an extraordinary home loan experience. We empower our team members by engaging and immersing them in a fun, positive, and energetic atmosphere that places emphasis on the customer experience above all else. If you love coming to work every day and winning, hold yourself to high goals and standards, subscribe to a no drama workplace and live to serve your customers as much as each other…we want you on our team.
Mission Loans is seeking experienced Payroll Specialist who thrive in a fast-paced environment without losing focus on quality of work and delivering an exceptional customer experience.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for Payroll system administration including payroll, time & attendance, time-off, security master, reporting, and workflow administration.
- Responsible to prepare, process, reconcile, and distribute bi-weekly payroll for multi-state non-exempt and exempt employees.
- Ensure overtime is recorded and paid correctly in compliance with local, state and federal rules.
- Responds to payroll questions from employees and addresses any payroll issues/updates/edits.
- Manage new state registrations for withholding tax, state unemployment insurance and local taxes.
- Review and audit employee 401K contributions as well as make contribution deposits to 3rd party 401K administrator in a timely manner.
- Work closely with HR team to ensure employee new hires, terminations, LOA’s, and other changes that affect payroll are processed accurately.
- Setup and process voluntary deductions including medical benefits, FSA, ESPP, 401K contributions and loans as well as involuntary deductions, such as garnishments.
- Prepare accounting transactions, including journal entries for bi-weekly payroll/payroll accruals and reconcile payroll related accounts monthly.
- Supports Manager’s entering and reviewing bonus and incentives from the compensation plans.
- Correspond with branch representative to decipher and enter incentive/bonus plans into the CompenSafe system
- Makes corrections as needed/requested by the branch or supervisor
- Fields questions via phone calls, emails and/or other forms of communication from branch representatives and/or employees
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
Qualifications & Experience
Education + Years Professional Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business-related field, or a combination of Associate degree and direct work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of payroll experience.
- Multi-state payroll experience with Paycom or Payroll system and related systems such as Time & Attendance using time clock and Time Off module.
- Advanced MS Office skills in Excel (including Pivot tables, SUMIFS and VLOOKUP functions), Word, and Outlook.
- Ability to multi-task and meet challenges with resourcefulness, effectively handle competing demands, take responsibility for fulfillment of obligations and willing to put in work time necessary to reach goals.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to summarize issues, assimilate information and resolve problems.
Key Skills & Competencies
Detail-oriented and able to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines. Good interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral) in dealing with internal and external customers. A working knowledge of all federal and state regulations regarding payroll practices. Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite applications. Must maintain highly confidential and sensitive information. Must be willing to pick up and use new technology where beneficial to the Company as directed by Management to assist in key functions. Must be willing to work in a team environment and be collaborative with many other team members.