Loan Set-up Administrator
Job Title: Loan Set-up Administrator
Reports To: Production Support Manager
Department: Direct Operations
Location: Irvine, CA | Diamond Bar, CA | Remote
Our customer-centric team is changing the home lending game with fierce loyalty and a dedication to delivering an extraordinary home loan experience. We empower our team members by engaging and immersing them in a fun, positive, and energetic atmosphere that places emphasis on the customer experience above all else. If you love coming to work every day and winning, hold yourself to high goals and standards, subscribe to a no drama workplace and live to serve your customers as much as each other…we want you on our team.
Mission Loans is seeking mortgage professionals who thrive in a fast-paced environment without losing focus on quality of work and delivering an exceptional customer experience. As a Loan Set-up Administrator, your primary mission is to assist the Loan Set-up Team and ensure minimum submission requirements are met before loans are submitted to the customer relationship manager for processing.
*Must be able to commute to our Irvine office, working remotely is not an option for this position.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Overall responsibility for printing and mailing disclosures/documents to borrower, prep fed/UPS/USPS labels, manage outgoing/incoming mail, scan/upload borrower documents to files, monitor various disclosure reports and take action as needed (NOIA, ECOA, Disclosers, Redisclosers, Adverse action) which may include dispositioning files, sending out disclosures, mailing out notices etc., updating dates in the system.
- Assisting production team with loan set-up of a borrower application by ensuring minimum submission requirements are met before the loan is submitted to the customer relationship manager for processing and delivering a best-in-class customer experience
- Assist with managing set-up pipeline queues (i.e. initial disclosures, order services, calculate income, restructure loans as needed, submit to processing) to ensure timely disclosure of the loan files in accordance with compliance rules and accurate submission of loan files to processing
- Review and validate borrower 1003 is accurate and complete within LOS and required supporting documentation is in the loan file; escalate missing information or documentation to lending officer for resolution with the borrower; contact borrower, as needed
- Monitor and verify timely delivery of initial disclosures to borrower by lending officer
- Verify intent to proceed and contact borrower to obtain credit card information for appraisal deposit
- Order third-party services as applicable for the loan such as flood, appraisal, title and escrow, 4506T, and FHA or VA case number (if applicable), etc.
- Organize and index loan documents into the e-file
- Finalize complete and accurate packaging of the loan for submission to processing; submit to customer relationship manager
- Operate with a goal to meet and exceed internal and external customer expectations
- Operate in a manner that promotes loan quality and compliance with lending laws
- Maintain productivity and quality performance at or above required goals
- Perform other duties and projects, as assigned by management
Skills & Abilities
- Subscribe to a no drama workplace
- Subscribe to the mission of creating a truly customer and team member centric environment
- Love to come into work every day and win
- Highly motivated, self-starter with ability to work under minimal direction, and as a team player
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment and manage to multiple deadlines
- Strong organization, follow through and time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail with commitment to accuracy and quality
- Strong problem solving and creative thinking skills
- Ability to learn and adapt to guideline changes
- Dependable, responsible and able to use good judgement
Qualifications & Experience
- 1 year previous experience in mortgage industry, preferred but not required (we will train anyone with the right winning attitude!)
- Basic understanding of refinance and conventional, FHA, VA, loan programs, preferred
- Working knowledge for compliance with state and federal regulations applicable to loan fulfillment
- Intermediate math skills; adept at calculating income from salaried and self-employed borrowers; aptitude to analyze number for accuracy
- Understanding of agency & investor underwriting guidelines, policies and procedures are helpful
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, etc.)
- Experience with Empower, a plus
Other Duties: This position profile is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and responsibilities, as one may be asked to perform additional related duties, as assigned, in order to meet the needs of the organization.